Friday, November 2, 2012

Breakfast Buns

So I've been on a roll with all the bread making. I started off with the egg buns followed by the tuna buns and last night was ham and cheese. I think I'm getting the hang of things alhamdulillah!


These are my over-hard tuna buns. I think I got too excited with the kneading. I finally got the hang of it with this recipe. I was super thankful for the photos to kinda guide me along. UNFORTUNATELY, I forgot to take a picture. Maybe next time aye?

I adapted the recipe and came up with

300g Bread flour
2 tsp active yeast
100g warm water
90ml milk
1 slightly whisked egg
10g sugar
1 tsp salt
30 g softened butter

Method:
1. Mix warm water and yeast and leave aside until it bubbles
2. In another bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt
3. Form a well in the middle and pour in yeast and egg. Slowly add in milk as necessary. 
4. Once all kneaded, add in butter and knead again
5. Leave it for an hour to proof.
6. Separate into 16 portions. Leave to rise for 30 minutes
7. Fill in up with filling of choice before leaving it to rise for another 30 mins
8. Brush with egg yellow
8. Bake at 170C for 15 mins

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment