Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Halal Eats: Barcelos Review

For our 1st yr engagement anniversary, he brought me for a simple lunch at Barcelos at vivo city.


We ordered a plate of chicken stir fry, 1/2 chicken with a side of fries (his) & grill potatoes (mine) and a can of iced tea and coke each (no more free flow).

Verdict:
- Chicken:: Good but cold inside. Not BRRRRRRRR fridge cold but just room temperature.
- Sides: Potatoes were simple and good (they had mushrooms so heh you can't go wrong there). Fries were disappointing though. I was hoping for some home made goodness but they gave me sad KFC fries.
- Chicken stir fry: I could not get one decent picture of it. It was too embarrassed to take a picture so it's not here. It was sad, salty and had more vegetables chicken and rice put together. It tastes like my 5 mins fried rice that uses the knorr chicken stock. it was SAAAAAD.


It hasn't always been like this though. When I was there a year ago, the food was going down but it wasn't too bad and they still had free flow drinks but if I compare it to the first 5 times I went just after it went halal, the food today had NOTHING compared to what it was then.

We paid $36.90 plus another $4 for drinks (no, they didnt have a set menu). It's a mid-range price to pay for sad sad food. I don't think we'll be coming back here again anytime soon.

PS: Ramen Ten at harbourfront centre is no more! BOOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment