Friday, June 8, 2012

Lemony lavender shortbread



It seems that I'm on a roll today. Cleaning and cooking and baking..

So there's a LOT of lavender at home and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. Stumbled on this recipe and decided to give it a go. The original cookies had mint in them which I decided to forgo. I added more lemon too. I was too excited with the lemon at first hahah... that really affected the taste of the cookies. In the end, the cookies are lightly perfumed. I also dipped some of them in vanilla sugar that I got from my exciting baking class at Kalavira. All in all, a light and exciting cookie. If I had used a butter alternative, I'd give them to N. I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2/3 cups white sugar
1/4 cups icing sugar
1 tbsp dried lavender (finely milled)
1 tsp lemon zest
1tbsp lemon juice
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup corn flour
1/4 tsp salt
vanilla sugar (optional)

Directions:
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy before adding the lavender and lemon. Then, add the flour and salt. Store it in the fridge for about an hour. You can roll it out and make them into nice shapes of if you're lazy like me, roll them up into balls, dip them in vanilla sugar (optional) and squash it with the base of a glass. Bake them at 145C for 15 min. They shouldn't brown though. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment