Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Baba Ghanoush


Top L& R: Baba Ghanoush, Spread on my kebab
Bottom L & R: Fresh corn salad, Chicken kebab

I love my dips. I think I've got my baba ghanoush recipe down. This just means I'm confident of making it by eyeballing the measurements haha. I can't remember whose recipe(s) I based mine on but here's mine:

Ingredients:
1 medium sized aubergine/eggplant, roasted & skin removed
1 Capsicum/red pepper, seeded & roasted
1 tbsp tahini
2 cloves of garlic
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
Approx 1/2 cup of Olive oil
Roasted red pepper powder, salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
I roast the aubergine by slicing it in half lengthwise, rub some olive oil, salt and herbs on it and roasting it in my roasting pan. For the red pepper, I cut them into quarters and put them alongside the aubergines. They take about 20 mins to roast.

Once you're done, put them ALL into a blender, approximating the amount of olive oil you want, and blend. Taste as you go along.

That's it! Eat it on its own, use it as a dip, spread it out on your pizza, pita or kebab before loading on the rest of the ingredients. The possibilities are endless!

This is just one of the many many different ways of making this super simple dish. Some people prefer to put more or less of the lemon juice/tahini and others make it with or without naturally set yogurt or red pepper. It's entirely up to you. Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment