Tuesday, June 5, 2012

How much do we read?

Just today my cousin mentioned about how kids today don't find as much pleasure in books as we used to. I recalled our outings during the weekends to the library, willingly finding and reading. Not something that we see a lot of today. Since I can remember, my mum used to make us borrow books. It was always: 3 English and 1 Malay book, and we had to finish them all within 2 weeks before the next library visit. When all you had was time (no TV for my siblings and I after 7pm back then), reading was the thing you really looked forward to after hours of revision.

So if you are a parent, knows someone who is or will be a parent, please encourage them to read to their child and then bring them to the library. It'll do great things, instilling this love for reading, from a very young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment