Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I hit the (bread) motherload


Meet my awesome breads

All of which are made possible by this lady's awesome recipe. I'm not allowed to comment but if I did, I would thank her for being awesome. It's not perfect yet but I'm pretty damn close. This is the softest bread I've made so far and ALHAMDULILLAH it's a hit with the family.

Recipe:

Dough

  • 350 gm bread flour
  • 55 gm caster sugar
  • 5 gm salt
  • 1 medium sized egg
  • 125 ml milk 
  • 120 gm tangzhong (water roux made of 1 part flour, 5 parts water)
  • 5g instant yeast
  • 30 gm butter (cut into small pieces, softened at room temperature)

  • Filling

    Whatever you want. I used floss and sausages
    Method:

    1. Make the tangzhong (I've not idea how you're supposed to read this word) and let cool to room temp
    2. Heat up the milk till it is luke warm. (Too hot and you're gonna kill the yeast)
    3. Mix the milk, yeast and approx half the sugar till the yeast dissolves and set it aside for 10mins
    4. Mix the flour and salt into a separate bowl. 
    5. Mix up the yeast solution, egg and rest of the sugar before dunking everything into the flour. 
    6. Knead
    7. Add in the butter
    8. Knead. Slap it around. Knead.
    9. Let it rise in a greased bowl for 1 1/2 hr (it was a cold night)
    10. Shape your dough to little pieces (i get 16 pieces of 5cm balls) and fill them up with whatever
    11. Let it rise for another 30-45 min
    12. Bake at 160deg for 20 min.

    Now, you can enjoy your little pillows 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment