Saturday, November 30, 2013

Shix bakes: cheesy muffins (but not)


After half a day of preparing resources for next year, I needed a treat and was tempted by DNA's muffins. So what did I do? Bakes these babies


 I know I said muffins but I didn't have any cups. So I baked it in a loaf lan coz I was too lazy to scoop them into my mini muffin silicon tray. Lol. 

So here's how you make this lazy bake

Prep time: less than 10 min
Cooking time: 35 min
1 cup flour
1/2 cup wholewheat flour 
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1egg
1/2 cup oil or melted butter
1 1/2tbsp sugar 
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups cheese (leave 1/2 cup to dredge on batter)

1. Preheat your oven to 180deg. (You know shit just got serious -seriously easy- when I start the oven first)
2. If you're ysing butter, nuke it now. 
3. Put everything into a bowl and mix it up. Don't over mix. 
4. The end. Ok no not really. Now put the batter in a greased pan and sprinkle the cheese on it. 
5. Bake for about 30 min ( different ovens differ). Check doneness with a toothpick. 
6. EAT!

Note: 
1. Omissions: I omitted the eggs but they're still awesome. 
2. Substitution: I subbed 1 1/2 cup of plain flour with a mix of 1 cup plain and 1/2 cup whole wheat. Product is dense but still flavorful. 
3. Additions: I'm sure adding ham, herbs and cayenne pepper would make it more awesome. I


No comments:

Post a Comment